Thursday, August 28, 2008

My First Sale!





Yesterday I had my first experience at selling my soap. At Monkey Joe's they are having a "Christmas in August" promotion where people who have a craft or handmade items come and sell thier goods. I was a little nervous at first and my biggest fear was that nobody would want my soap! It was quiet for most of the day, which was good because I could get comfortable with my setup. I had both of the kids with me, but they were dolls! I made a few pretty good sales. I was happy with that considering the amount of people that showed up (not many). The best thing about the whole experience was the great feedback that I got about my soaps. It was so encouraging to know that all of my efforts weren't for nothing. I actually made something that other people liked! Wow! that's a great feeling. I left there very tired, but pleased with my success for the day. The hundred bucks I made felt like a thousand! I'm definitely going for it!

1 comment:

rivkinb said...

Your soaps are beautiful. You did a remarkable job! You should be very encouraged. Everything you touch turns to gold, just like your heart!