Friday, February 26, 2010

Revving up for Spring!

Well, I thought that the soap business would be at a lull for at least a few more weeks...boy was I wrong! Things have really geared up in the past couple of weeks and thank goodness I had my new workspace set up just in time. I have been working on a project with a local brewery that I can't wait to write about. For now I have to keep it under wraps. My retail orders are pouring in and the feedback is amazing! There are people calling the stores requesting notification when my products come in. It's so exciting! I have a couple of meetings this week that I'm hoping will be fruitful, and in the meantime, I've been mailing out internet orders.
I finally obtained the rights to the www.peaceloveandsoap.com url!! This is great news because I've been trying to get a hold of it for two years and it was "taken". I can't wait to get my website up and make it much easier for customers to order online. We've been exploring different site options and it seems the more I get to know, the more confused I become! I'm anxious to get started.
I love my new set up. I have more room than I've had yet, and actually have shelf space to fit all of my stuff. My favorite thing is the custom fragrance hutch that my Dad built for me. The kids like to play in there while I'm working which works out great cause I can keep a good eye on them. It's pretty much a win, win!
Saturday I will have my first outdoor event of the year. I will be at Earthfare grocery store on Pelham Rd. The weather is supposed to be really nice, so hopefully we will have a good turnout. If you're in the area, come stock up on some Peace, Love & Soap!

No comments: