Friday, March 13, 2009

Peace, Love & Soap is crossing the Pond!
















I have been meaning to write about this for a while now and am so excited to announce that Peace, Love & Soap is expanding abroad! Our family in England, Lee & Joann Scott, own a very cool pottery studio named Buttercups (http://www.teespottery.co.uk/). Here you can choose to paint preformed pottery or dishes, or actually throw your own using the potters wheel. My husband & I both gave it a whirl while we were visiting a couple of weeks ago. One try and I'm hooked! It was amazing to form a very artsy, unique bowl from a lump of clay. Anyway, after putting our heads together, they've decided to carry our soaps and lip balms in the shop! I am so honored to be able to extend my products to such a cool venue. Not to mention, Joann (who is a natural artist) painted some Peace, Love and Soap dishes and accessories which will be on display in my booth at the downtown market in May. They are beautiful, she did a great job! I am posting some pictures of our time at the studio. It was right up my alley! I think that personalized, unique gifts are becoming more popular these days. Also, it's a family outing that is affordable with take away memories that you can cherish forever. I hope that my handmade soaps and lip balms will be the perfect pairing with thier handmade pottery.

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Congratulations! That's a big step for your business. Good luck!

P.S. And as always, cute pictures!