Wednesday, May 12, 2010


Lots of great things have been going on lately, in fact I probably don't even have time to fit them all in, but I will try. First of all, I had a great Mother's Day. I got to hang out with my family downtown at Artisphere. The weather was absolutely beautiful, a perfect day to be in the park. We sat & watched my favorite artist Brian Olsen paint live. It's called Art in Action and it so cool. He put on a contest to win one of his paintings for the fan who got the most votes, and guess what- I won! It was really amazing to see so many people voting. I will write more about that later.


I have also been working with Hellion Brewing for the last few months to come up with a couple different varieties of soap using brewers yeast. It was very interesting and my first private label project. We did a plain eucalyptus, a plain rosemary and then a combination eucalyptus rosemary. The soap turned out really smooth, I was happy with the overall outcome. It's amazing how many different things you can do with soap!

The market has had a great start. Last Saturday I had another record breaking day to match the first. I hope that it doesn't slow down, I love seeing the streets crowded.

For the past month I have been working with a major retail chain to carry my soap. The process has been very long & involved, but I know it will be worth it when I see my soap on their shelves. I don't want to divulge who it is, yet. But, trust me, I will keep you posted.

In the past two days I have made 9 batches of soap. The month of May will be crazy busy for me so I'm trying to plan ahead and get a good stock up. Business is continuing to grow and I couldn't be happier...and more thankful!


No comments: