Monday, May 9, 2011

Peace, Love & Soap Garden

This year, in an effort to be better organized, I had a jumpstart on my soap stock- which freed up some time to get back to my garden...not to mention I have the perfect spot and can finally stray from my usual container gardening (which has been good to me, don't get me wrong!) This is just the beginning of some peppermint that will eventually be dried and used in our soap. Peppermint is a great thing to grow if you want to start simple. A container is not a bad idea, because it spreads like wild fire.
Here are a few more of our veggie plants we have going. So far, its heirloom tomatoes, red peppers, squash, zucchini & watermelon (for Cameron).

This next little bud is what I am most excited about! I have decided to try & grow my own loofahs for my loofah soap. Many of my farmer friends have given me the confidence to give it a try, so we shall see. I started them from seeds from ones I was given last year. I planted them last week and I will keep the progress updated.
This is the other view of our garden. We hung the lattice for the loofahs to travel up. Hope they like it! : )

No comments: