Monday, May 18, 2009

Greening Your Cleaning?

Today I drove up to Asheville to some of my favorite natural food stores. I needed to get some lip balm and bath fizzy ingredients. It was a quiet, beautiful day and I felt good getting some stuff done that had been on my mind for a while. When I got home, I placed a bulk oil order. It's exciting to run out of oils, because it means I'm selling lots of soap!
I just finished refilling my natural cleaners and thought I would post the "recipe" for those of you who are interested in greening your cleaning. I wasn't so sure about this until I tried it and now this is all I use. It's hard to believe how harsh and toxic some everyday household cleaners can be. Best of all, these are simple and affordable ingredients. Just get a 24 oz. all purpose spray bottle and fill it with this:
1.5 cups Water
1/2 cup Distilled Vinegar
1 tsp. Castille Soap
3/4 cup Hydrogen Peroxide
20 drops Tea Tree Oil
20 drops Your favorite essential oil (I like lavender or lemongrass for cleaning!)

Try it and let me know what you think! Happy cleaning!

No comments: