Friday, May 15, 2009

Peace, Love & Soap - News


Right now I am taking a break from making some soap cupcakes and thought I would take a minute to update my blog. I have been so busy trying to keep up with my market that I feel like I'm running a little behind most of the time. However, I welcome the business and realize that I am learning how to balance my crazy life and prepare. Next year I will have a better idea about how to stock my inventory and I (hopefully) will have plenty of soap made when it's time for the market to start. My loofah scrubbies have been a really hot item, lately. I had the pleasure of doing business with a kid named Mitchell Mieszek last week. Mitchell started his own business growing and selling loofahs while living in Florida, not far from where we moved. His mother, Kelly approached me a couple of weeks ago and told me that he still had loofahs that he would be willing to sell me if I was interested. In the spirit of keeping it local and helping out other small businesses, I wanted to find out more. Mitchell has sold his loofahs locally to a couple of boutiques, such as the Pink Azalea on Main, and has even sold them as far as New York. His loofahs are a very high quality and I happily purchased around 25 of them. I am proud of Mitchell for being such a great businessman. Along with the loofahs he also teaches piano and cello. Look out for him, this kid is going to go far!

No comments: