Saturday, December 20, 2008

Peace, Love & Lotion Bars!







Well, I'm pretty excited because tonight I tried something new. I made push up lotion sticks. I have been interested in doing it for a while, but wanted to focus on my soap and really get my routine down with that. So tonight I brought out all of my supplies and ingredients and went for it. It's really kind of funny because I ordered some lip balm containers from a company and they accidentally sent me push up containers. At first I was really kind of annoyed at their mistake, but then it got me thinking about expanding my product line. See, everything really does happen for a reason. This product is about a 3 oz. push stick of solid lotion. It goes on very smooth and is made up of beeswax, cocoa butter, coconut oil, and vitamin E. I scented it with a Chai Tea fragrance, however, I wanted to use patchouli. In this craft I've had to learn to be unselfish when creating my products. My favorite isn't necessarily everyone elses! The chai tea is a warm, spicy fragrance that I thought would be great for the season. Now I just need to figure out some labeling and bam, they'll be on Etsy! Check'em out!

1 comment:

Ginnie said...

Ooohh! I can't wait to see them. I also hear you're going to be doing soap cupcakes piled high with "frosting". I can't wait to see those either!